“To Improve Is To Change; To Be Perfect Is To Change Often.” – Winston Churchill
Just imagine a situation – You turned to a novice mobile app company in India to handle your product development needs. However, the team you have hired is unable to get the job done the way you want. You don’t know exactly what’s happening in the project, and to make it worse the communication between you and the team is not very “bilateral” as it was during the “kick-off” phase of the project. You fail to reach mutual understanding. Unfortunately, you start feeling that the project which was anticipated to be finished within few weeks is now going to take forever to be finished and due to that you might end up losing the interest of the investors.
Sounds familiar, isn’t it?
Well, we categorize it as a bad service, something that we really hate and do not appreciate at any cost. So,
What exactly does it take to build an app that is really successful in today’s app market? – Well, proper functionality is just the beginning.
In March 2017, Android users had an opportunity to choose over 2.8 million apps while Apple’s app store housed around 2.3 million apps. With the increasing apps usage than before, they aren’t downloaded as often. It simply suggests that competition for users’ attention is difficult and so before stepping out in the market, it involves dedicated research to add value to the app that solves user’s pain points.
In accordance to the Appfutura;
The above statistics clearly suggests that if you fail to meet users’ expectation, they are simply going to dump your app. Though mobile app development has taken over many industries, still they are rigidly stick to the non-iterative “waterfall approach”. Today, development of an interactive, customer-centric and user-friendly application is the need of an hour.
But, How To Develop Such Application That Help Business And Enterprise To Boost Productivity And Thereby Reduces Cost?
The answer lies in the term “Agile Methodology”.
Understanding the Need of Agile Framework for App Development
- Agile framework empowers business to build fast, secure and scalable application.
- Being iterative in nature, it helps business to adapt to quick changing demands, identify pain points and fix them in an iterative manner.
Why Do Startups Need Agile Methodology?
Well, there’s a hint in the startup definition only. It’s an entity created to discover a profitable, robust, sustainable and successful product.
When a startup decides to bring ideas to their life, they can hardly imaging how frequently they’re expected to undergo changes. It happens as the startup venture is an experiment and the programming process involves lots of assumptions which need to be checked and evaluated. Some assumptions may work while some may be in vain but, it leads a good lesson to startups and an inevitable change of request in the development process. That’s the reason agile methodology is best-fit as it allow startups to see their product evolving and influencing the process.
But, Is It Really Worth Investing? Will It Help Business To Build High-Quality Mobile Apps?
The main reason is its iterative approach that helps business to make most out of its MVP and, there’s no going back. So, if you’re investing in agile framework, you can surely count on below-mentioned benefits:
1. Allow Developers To Act Responsive To Technical Changes:
- Undoubtedly, technologies associated with smartphones undergo frequent updates and changes and so are the applications.
- In such scenario, agile methodology empowers developers to respond quickly to changing requirements along with rolling out new improvisation. One of the most suitable approaches to the ever-evolving devices and OS.
2. Delivers Unmatched User Experience:
- In comparison to desktop applications, mobile applications run in a relatively enclosed environment due to smaller screen size.
- Due to this, things like app download rates, in-app behavior, session duration and retention rate counts like the most important factor for mobile app owner.
- In such scenario, Agile approaches enables app developers to manipulate the analytics data so as to adjust app design and features to deliver a quick and seamless user experience.
3. Facilitates A Seamless Project Management:
- With agile methodology, the entire project is easily managed. It’s easy tracking features lets you track and report issues if any and thus helps to fasten deliverables.
Let Us Quote an Example to Offer You a Real-Life Illustration of Agile Mobile App Development:
Though you might not have an idea about Instagram inception, but its idea actually initiated from Burbn – A check-in app. Though both the applications have similar features, developers have changed few features and added a photography and filter element in the application that undoubtedly guarantees its success.
Let’s Explore Some More Companies Using Agile Development Methodology
- Sales Force
Okay! So Is There Any Agile Project Management Tool Available In The Market?
The answer is – A big YES!
There are multiple agile project management tools available in the market that help business to organize and distribute tasks to the right people, schedule and track activities and a lot more. Below are two of my favorites;
- It’s a project management and issue tracking tool that facilitates custom agile formats like Kanban boards and Scrum.
- With powerful tool integrations like BitBucket and GitHub, it can benefit project managers from end-to-end traceability and accountability.
- Trello – A renowned collaboration tool used by project managers to identify the resources allocated on a particular task and so on.
Need to build a mobile app?
We have everything you might ever need to create a strategic mobile solution that can attack the market and win the audience. Drop us your requirements and we’ll arrange a meeting soon over a cup of coffee. Contact us now.