Designing a website is similar to an artwork representing your business in the finest way. You can understand the right ways to do the same with the help of web designers assisting you with the best of their capabilities. Before deciding on how to design a website, you need to understand the options available and the trends being followed in the recent times. It means that the knowledge about the generic concepts is important to build the successful websites.
It is very important to think thoroughly about the ideas for the website and make the ultimate purpose of your website completely. Once it is done, it will be easy for you to interact with your forefront developers and make the most interesting business concept to float over the web. Finally, it will become a point of achievement for you to gain what all you have expected from your website. Your clear vision and the coupled ideas with the best web design company will enable you to get the required results.
With the expansion of the internet towards building strong businesses, the audience wants to get almost everything that exists in their mind for a particular business requirement. We’ve illustrated here the usage of 2 most dominant computer languages to design a website: HTML and CSS. It is important to understand the difference between these two options to build the required website(s).
What are HTML and CSS?
HTML: HyperText Markup Language
CSS: Cascading Style Sheets
It is important for the website owners to understand about HTML and CSS in brief. HTML is HyperText Markup Language. It gives a structuring to the content and defines it by giving proper headings, paragraphs, and images to it. It is just as defining a business and putting the content in a way that is appealing to the eyes of the reader. CSS, on the other hand, refers to Cascading Style Sheets. It is a presentational tool having an aim to make the content presentable by giving a style to it. It could be the use of different colors, fonts or other styling tools.
HTML and CSS are independent languages and have different functions. CSS and HTML codes can’t be written together. HTML works in the representation of the content and CSS represents the appearance of that content.
What Does HTML Do?
HTML gives the authors a way to:
- Make publishing of the online documents with proper headings, text, lists, tables, images etc.
- Retrieval of information through hypertext linking (clicking of a button)
- Designing forms for different transactional purposes; such as choosing an item, ordering products, making some reservation, searching some information; and so on.
- Video clippings, spreadsheets and other applications included in the documents.
The structure of pages with HTML is done through markup used to design a website structure. The elements of the languages have the labeling of the parts of the content in a way such as ‘paragraph’, ‘table’, ‘list’ and the list goes on.
What Does CSS Do?
- CSS gives a presentation to the web pages. It gives an option to include different colors, layout, and fonts. It is the way in which web developers can help you in giving a reflection to your businesses on different devices.
- CSS is not dependent on HTML and is usually used with an XML-based markup language.
- HTML and CSS are separated for making an easy way to maintain the websites and make the pages appear different according to the diverse environments. It can be thought as a separation of structure from presentation.
DigiMantra Labs is the best web development company having the required experts with the skills to deal with the web development of every kind of business and their associated websites. They’ve been into business for last one decade and have contributed in the designing, development, and marketing for the esteemed companies to give a unique presentation on the World Wide Web.